Tis the season… to eat and be merry. Posted On 17 December 2020
Our gorgeous guide to some special Chrismas recipes that will get your guests excited this festive season…
Cranberry and sage sausage rolls
These flavourful treats are perfect to have on the side throughout the holiday season…
375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
400g high-quality sausagemeat
1 x pack sage & onion stuffing mix
• Boil the kettle and make the stuffing as per the instructions. Meanwhile, while the stuffing is cooling, finely chop the onion, and in a large bowl add the sausagemeat, chopped garlic and 100g of the cranberry sauce.
• Once the stuffing has cooled, add it to the mixture, and with your hands, knead and mix together until fully mixed.
• On a floured side, roll out the puff pastry into a 5mm thick, long rectangle.
• Preheat the over to 220c
• Spread the remaining cranberry sauce along the middle of the pastry, in rows, leaving space to seal, then scoop the sausagemeat mixture along the rows.
• Fold the pastry over and seal before cutting into whatever size sausage rolls you require.
• Brush the tops with the beaten egg and sprinkle over the sesame seeds, before making small slashes across the tops with a sharp knife.
• Place on a baking tray with baking paper and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Xmas tip: Cook the sausagemeat in the oven alongside your Turkey for fabulous sausagemeat stuffing for the main meal.
Christmas day veggie traybake
This veggie traybake, featuring all the festive favourites is a great way to save oven-space on the big day…
3 tbsp chutney (ideally caramelised onion, or a cranberry variety)
A handful of both Rosemary and Thyme (or whatever herbs you used for the main dish)
• Preheat the oven to 210c and mix the oil and chutney together in a roasting tin and season well.
• Trim and halve the sprouts, cut the onions into wedges, and cut the parsnips and carrots into chunky pieces.
• Put the veg in a large roasting tin before pouring the olive oil and chutney mix over, then put in the oven for 25 mins.
• Remove the tin and add the herbs, give it a toss and put back in the oven for 30 mins more, until the veg are soft.
• Finally, remove the tin and pour the honey over all the veg before returning to the oven for 5 more mins.
• Once ready, serve immediately.
Xmas tip: For a meaty option, add chipolatas wrapped in streak bacon to the tin after the first 25 mins.